Compassion and patience with myself has become a pivotal point in my life recently. As I wade through numerous losses and all the emotions that come with it compacted into just a few weeks – I find I am very tired.
I definitely don’t feel “on-top of” my routines. More like my routines are the only thing keeping me inside the lines and my head above water.
The Healing Process
Through my years of counseling and focus on healing I am learning just how important rest is when healing a mental injury like Post Traumatic Stress from childhood abuse. I am also learning that just because I take the time to rest, doesn’t mean the pain, or grief, or fear – whatever it is I am working through – will not suddenly go away.
I continue learning new ways to allow both my sadness and my happiness to coexist together, I am becoming more deeply connected to myself when I do take time to rest. When that happens, true healing happens.
With self-compassion, self-care, and rest in mind – here are 7 journal prompts to help you take a look at how you handle yourself when you need to rest.
7 Journal Prompts About Self-Compassion
- What does self-compassion mean to you?
- Write about 2 (or more) things that let you know it is time to rest your own mind and body.
- Write about how you can help yourself balance every-day responsibility with time to rest.
- List 3 things you currently do to encourage self-compassion with yourself.
- Write about one new thing you want to learn/try that will continue to encourage self-compassion with yourself.
- What advice would you give a friend who needed to take time to rest? Write out what that conversation would look like.
- Write a letter to yourself about why it is so important that you take some time for yourself when it becomes clear that you need it
If you are a writer here on WordPress, feel free to tag this post into any prompt pieces you write from this list. I would love to follow your journey of healing too.
Check out more journal prompts while you are here, and don’t forget to check back every a for a new week’s worth of prompts.
Sign up via email and get your weekly prompts right into your email inbox.
Thank you for reading, if you enjoyed this post don’t forget to click like and follow me on social media!!
For more content visit my Site Archives.
Share your Story!
Be a part of the Survivors Speak Interview Series which is dedicated to amplifying the voices of Survivors of childhood trauma by providing a platform to share truth through our stories. If you would like to participate in this interview series and share your story submit your information.
Leave a tip!
Buy Me A Coffee!! I provide all my writing for free because it is so necessary for us to connect – but your financial support is very appreciated and it helps allow me to continue focusing on this while still supporting my family.
Visit my Agency Resource page for hotline information if you or a friend needs help.