I get stuck in big emotions easily, the worse they are – the more entrenched I can become. So, recently as I move through numerous losses and face up to some pretty big emotional triggers I’ve become fatigued and disconnected trying to maneuver them.
Experiencing this cycle of grief (for what feels like the millionth time) has made me more aware of my own responsibility in these times of struggle.
Healing is a choice that I make every day and these are the moments that call on the deepest of my strength to move through my pain and process it.
This week, as I have written through my tears I realize that mindfulness is what has been missing in my life the last few weeks as I am overrun by waves of chaos and confusion.
Here are this week’s journal prompts focused on encouraging connection to self.
7 Journal Prompts About Mindfulness
- What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of mindfulness?
- What areas of your life do you wish you could be more mindful in?
- What do you believe the cost/benefit to mindfulness is?
- How does your body feel when it is connected vs. disconnected and where do you feel it? Be specific.
- Go stand outside and close your eyes for 30 seconds, what do you feel, hear, and smell?
- List 5 things that help you ground yourself into the present.
- Why do you think mindfulness is important in trauma healing?
If you are a writer here on WordPress, feel free to tag this post into any prompt pieces you write from this list. I would love to follow your journey of healing too.
Check out more journal prompts while you are here, and don’t forget to check back every Saturday for a new week’s worth of prompts.
Sign up via email and get your weekly prompts right into your email inbox.
Thank you for reading, if you enjoyed this post don’t forget to click like and follow me on social media!! For more content visit my Site Archives.
Share Your Story!
Be a part of the Survivors Speak Interview Series which is dedicated to amplifying the voices of Survivors of childhood trauma by providing a platform to share truth through our stories. If you would like to participate in this interview series and share your story submit your informationVisit my Agency Resource page for hotline information if you or a friend needs help. Check out the SCT Together Store.