This week I have been faced with some new awareness of how I am processing certain aspects of my trauma. Finding that I have been caught in a cycle of bargaining has been hard to accept; reconciling it is creating a lot of space for new emotions, and some pretty intense grief.
Like a mantra, my therapist has told me in nearly every session for the last three and a half years:
Allow you feelings, don’t judge them.
Easier said than done, right?
To help myself explore what emotions I am feeling, what they mean to me, and how to process them I put together the following prompts.
Journal Prompts for Exploring Emotion
- When you hear the word Emotion what does it make you think?
- When you hear the word Emotion what does it make you feel?
- Are you emotional or cerebral? Discuss
- What is the most comfortable emotion for you to feel? Explain
- What is the hardest, most uncomfortable emotion for you to feel? Explain.
- Is there an emotion that you want to feel (or feel more of) that you don’t feel?
- What advice would you give if asked, about how to identify your emotions?
Purchase Your Own Downloadable 7-Day Guided Journal on Emotions
Download your own 7-day guided journal on Emotions with the above prompts in it for only $4.99 and lean into your healing using focused journaling as a tool. With this downloadable journal you can take each prompt one day at a time and explore how you feel and think about your emotions and what part they play in your healing journey.
With plenty of pages for writing and extra pages at the back for some free writing, this journey once competed can become an amazing tool of reflection for you.
Your download is for a life-time, revisit these prompts as often as you need to and write again as you move through your healing process.
7-Day Guided Journal on Emotions – download
7-day guided journal on acceptance (18 pages total)
I always enjoy reading what you write so please tag your writing back to this piece if you are inspired by one of these prompts. For other writing prompts, click here.
- 1-on-1 Peer Support & Guidance Sessions
- Survivor’s Circle Online Peer Support Groups
- Donate/Become a Monthly Supporter
- Shop Surviving Childhood Trauma
- COFFEE !!!