Journaling is a doorway inward.
Focused journaling/writing is one of my primary practices in my healing journey. Of course the occasional unfettered dump into my diary is necessary, but when I began to combine my love of writing with the focused intention of personal exploration and processing, I found a powerful tool.
I hope these prompts help you lean in and explore your thoughts, emotions, responses, and your connection to your body.
Be sure to check in with yourself as you write and step away if you need a break. Wishing you strength as you heal, and happy writing.
On goes the journey
The following prompts are meant to help you lean in and recognizing your strengths and celebrating your wins. As you move through each prompts, keep in mind only the events of this last week.
Let’s get to it …
- In the last 7 days: what are three things that made you smile unexpectedly and take notice of what was happening around you?
- In the past 7 days: what was something that challenged you but that you were able to move through. How did you show up for yourself? What did you do to cope?
- In the past 7 days: write about an experience you had that made you feel brave.
- In the past 7 days: write about something you learned about yourself as you move through your healing journey.
- In the past 7 days: list three different ways you showed yourself that you love yourself.
Looking for ways to connect with other survivors and/or receive support as you heal?
Survivor’s Circle Peer Support Groups might be just what you need.
These small groups meet on alternating days of the week via Zoom. In these groups, survivors connect, share, and support each other through the ebbs and flows of healing. Attend a session and experience the magical healing that happens when survivors connect and support each other through shit only we can understand.