This is Me (video)
My Story: A Childhood of Abuse, Neglect, and Fear
Watch my LIVE Instagram Interview where I share my story and discuss the affects of childhood sexual abuse in my life.
Check out my Survivors Speak Interview Series dedicated to amplifying the voices of survivors by providing a platform for you to share your truth. Share your Story!! Submit to participate.
Trauma Healing and Processing
These posts will give you glimpses of day-to-day living with C-PTSD. My struggles, my celebrations, all the lessons I am learning along the way:
- As the Season Changes
- 4 Days in the Dark & Realizing Emotional Strength
- 5 Reasons my Trauma Pisses Me Off
- 6 Ways the Past can Complicate Relationships in the Present for
- 7 Reasons Why I Share my Story of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- 9 Realities behind the Letters P T S D
- Trauma Survivors
- A Box of Memories Shattered
- A New Memory
- Anxiety was my Alarm Clock Today
- Am I Letting Myself off Easy?
- As the Clouds Part
- As the Season Changes
- Back to the Beginning
- Connecting to My Inner Child through Creativity
- Dear Sister, I love you
- Depression has Cost Me
- Even Warriors Get Tired
- Exploration, Expression, Containment
- Forgiveness After Trauma
- Flashbacks, Nightmares, Chaos
- Freeze Mode: A Trauma Response
- From the Ashes
- Grief and I know Each Other Well
- Her Birthday, My Anniversary
- His Betrayals Became My Triggers: reconciling the emotional neglect and abuse of a parent
- I Already want Today to be Over
- I am 1 in 4: Normalize Talking About Miscarriage
- I am picking myself Back up Today
- I’m Starting to Think About Forgiveness …
- I Denied Shame
- I Dreamt of Death Last Night
- I haven’t Accepted it Yet
- I Just Want to Scream
- It’s Different This Time
- Keeping Up With the Current
- Knock Knock- It’s Your Old Friend Avoidance
- Learning How to Cope
- Managing Trauma Responses Doesn’t Make Them Any Less Traumatic
- Morning Reflections
- Mother’s Day as a Trauma Survivor
- My Abuse & My Marriage
- My Life Recently via My Instagram Posts
- My Sister’s Mother Pt 1: The Estrangement
- My Trauma Response is Avoidance
- One Foot in Front of the Other
- Processing Self-Isolation During a Global Pandemic, with PTSD
- Pushing Through Disconnection
- Remembering my Grandma
- So Many Questions, So Little Trust
- The Anniversary of His Suicide
- The Balancing Act
- The Choice to Heal
- The Connection Between My Anger & Feeling Powerless
- The Keyword Search for Trauma Healing
- The Playback
- The Reality of Trauma Recovery
- The Struggle with Guild over Happiness
- The Unease of Boundaries
- The Weight of Dates
- Trauma Anniversaries: It’s Been 25 Years
- Trauma Healing in Action
- Validating my Grief
- When Emotions get Big
- When My Words Fall Silent
- When My Words get Lost
- When Trauma and Identity Cross Paths
Parenting after Trauma
It is hard to parent after a childhood of trauma. There are many of us parents out there struggling not to project our baggage while trudging through the chaos of our children causing triggered responses.
- Children & Trauma: Mom vs. Survivor
- How my Child can Trigger my PTSD
- It’s Different This Time
- Parenting After Trauma: Real Talk About Trauma Healing & Life (video)
- The Fear that Follows Trauma
- The Wounded Child or The Wounding Parent: Which One Am I?
As you read this series you will travel with me through very specific childhood memories. Many of them fragmented and scattered across the timeline of my childhood out of order. Some of them good; some the real-life narrative of an abused and terrified little girl:
Therapy and Self-Care
Here you will find posts that cover everything therapy related as well as tips and advice for self-care as I learn through trial and error.
- 5 Benefits of a Weighted Blanket for Trauma Survivors
- 7-Day Self-Care Challenge
- 10 Empowering Songs of Self-Worth
- 11 Things Trauma Survivors Need to Know as They Begin Therapy
- 14 Positive Affirmations for Trauma Survivors
- Advocacy is in My Blood
- Adjusting to Mental Health Treatment via TeleHealth
- A New Form of Creative
- Countering Negative Thoughts of Self – video
- C-PTSD: 10 Unusual Symptoms you Didn’t Realize were Connected
- DeShaming: A Podcast for Abuse Survivors
- Breathing for Anxiety: 4 – 7 – 8
- Facing my Childhood: How it all Started
- Figuring Out Proper Self-Care
- How Connecting with Other Survivors Helps me Cope with My Childhood Abuse
- I Write to Heal
- Move Your Body: Stretching for Beginners
- The Benefits of Peer Support
- The Best Advise I Ever Received for Dealing with Anxiety
- Why a Hobby is so Important to Self-Care
- Why I am taking SAM-e for Depression
- Why My Routines Are Important to Me
Follow my Therapy Dump Series and get a front row seat to my weekly counseling sessions.
Look through all of my weekly Journal Prompts post
- Body Awareness and Trauma – featuring Gail Dickert and Publishing for a change
- Creating Structure Through Uncertainty at SCT Together
- LIVE Discussions with Trauma Survivors
- Online Schooling is the Right Choice for my Family
- School in a time of COVID19: the stress of enrollment
- Surviving Childhood Trauma: Follow & Support
- The Girl in the Red Jacket
Thanks for reading
Check out my About Me page and I will introduce myself.
Thank you for reading, if you enjoyed this post don’t forget to click like and follow me on social media!!
For more blog content visit my post index, for more poetry visit my poetry collection page.
Share your Story!
Be a part of the Survivors Speak Interview Series which is dedicated to amplifying the voices of Survivors of childhood trauma by providing a platform to share truth through our stories. If you would like to participate in this interview series and share your story submit your information.
Did you like what you read?
Buy Me A Coffee!! I provide all my writing for free because it is so necessary for us to connect – but your financial support is very appreciated and it helps allow me to continue focusing on this while still supporting my family.
Visit my Agency Resource page for hotline information if you or a friend needs help.