I’ve never followed a writing prompt challenge before but I thought it would be neat way to create a series of topics around one idea.
For me, the most meaningful idea is to encourage some focused self-reflection.
I welcome anyone to write along with me, or begin this challenge on your own.
Read along for my 14-day writing challenge (this will be updated daily as I write through the prompts):
- 10 things that make you happy – It’s the Little Things
- Write about something that someone told you about yourself that you didn’t know – The Continuity of Life as a Trauma Survivor
- 5 Ways to win your Heart – My Husband: My Best Friend
- Something that you struggle with – Self-Care Just Doesn’t Feel Natural
- Words of wisdom that speak to you – You Just Have to Lean into it
- Write about something you feel strongly about – Stop Making it Political: Society and Sexual Violation
- Something you always think “what if” about – Finding myself, Without her
- Write about 5 blessings in your life – Things that Bring Me Strength
- 5 Movies you can watch over and over, and why – My Top 5 Musicals
- Write about something or someone that you miss – Hindsight is often 20/20
- 3 lessons you want your children or friends to learn from you – 3 Lessons Trauma Helps me Teach my Children
- What are one or two highs and lows from your month – Ramblings during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 5 Goals you have for the next 30 days – My Goals for May
- Write a letter to someone – Dear Fellow Trauma Survivors